Frequently Asked Questions
Go to our Home page and type your School's Name in the search box. Click on the item, select your size and click purchase!
There are several reasons why your order may have been cancelled:
- The item(s) sold out.
- There is a delay in replenishment for your item(s).
- We are unable to verify your billing information and/or your billing address does not match the credit card on file for the order.
- If the billing address stated on the order does not match with what the credit card issuer or bank has on file, please contact your credit card issuer or bank to verify that the billing information is correct. Once updated, you may create a new order using the correct billing address.
Note: If your order is cancelled for any of the reasons above, you will receive an email confirming your order’s cancellation. The full amount of the order will be refunded back to the original form of payment used. Refunds can take up to 2-5 business days to clear and 7-10 business days for the amount to post to your account, depending on your financial institution. If your order is cancelled and you used an E-Gift Card to purchase, please reuse the E-Gift Card on your next purchase.
My HBCU Matters will refund any item, provided that it has not been damaged, soiled, washed, altered or worn and that all labels and tags are attached.
We no longer accept returns/exchanges without an original receipt or gift receipt.
We do not offer refunds, exchanges or merchandise credits for returns without the original purchase receipt. All items must be returned in the original selling condition with original packaging, otherwise will be refused.
Gift receipts follow the regular return policy; however, funds will always be applied onto a merchandise credit.
We offer an exchange or refund with a receipt, within 10 days of the purchase date, using the original form of payment. After 30 days, refunds will be issued as a merchandise credit at the current selling price.
We recommend that all returns be sent with a traceable carrier such as USPS, UPS or FedEx. Keep the Return Tracking Number from the package you are returning to ensure that the package has been delivered to our warehouse. My HBCU Matters is not responsible for any packages sent with a return label not provided by My HBCU Matters. My HBCU Matters does not accept C.O.D. deliveries.
Your refund will be issued in the form of original payment, such as the credit card used for the order. Shipping and handling costs are not refundable.
You will receive a confirmation email when your merchandise has been processed. Please allow up to two weeks for the credit to post to your account. Please allow up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.
Please click support below to submit a support ticket.
If you do not receive an email from My HBCU Matters within a few hours of placing your order, be sure to check your personal Spam folder. Alternatively, the email address on file might be spelled incorrectly.
To check your orders, log into your My HBCU Matters account and select the “My Orders” option to review your order history.
If you are still unable to locate the confirmation email for your order, please contact our Customer Service team via Email at Support@MyHBCUMatters.com.
Please wash your hoodie, hat or denim jacket by itself. You should ensure that the garment is turned inside out first. It should be washed in cold water and on the gentle cycle. This reduces the chances that the patch will get torn up in the washer while washing.(Varsity Jackets are Dry Cleaning Only!)
We utilize USPS. Your product will come via United States Postal Service.
When your order is placed, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Your order will process, and when it's ready to leave our Distribution Center you will receive a second email with tracking information for your shipment. Please refer to our full Shipping Policy for current processing times and available shipping methods.
Note: Receiving a shipping confirmation email does not necessarily mean that the carrier has picked up your package from our Distribution Center. Depending on the shipping method selected, please use the carrier’s tracking features to determine when your package is picked up, in-transit, and delivered to your door.
Have your tracking number? Check the status of your shipment here.
My HBCU Matters is happy to service our customers all over the world! The default pricing on our site is in USD, the conversion rate depends on your issuing credit card company used on the transaction. Please see our currency converter located at the bottom of our website to change currency on the site. The site will default to US Dollars on the checkout page.
In some instances, delivery may be delayed depending on your country's customs. My HBCU Matters and the carrier do not have control over how long customs deem fit to hold a package. In addition, certain countries may apply tariffs after the package is accepted. We suggest checking with your local post office to find out if that applies to you as My HBCU Matters does not cover additional customs fee charges. My HBCU Matters is not responsible for applicable customs fees, import duties, taxes, or any other charges.
- This can happen if (1) an address is invalid or missing information, (2) the carrier is unable to deliver your package, or (3) the order is refused by the customer at time of delivery.
- Returned-to-Sender or Refused packages will be restocked and you will be issued store credit in the form of an E-Gift Card minus the initial shipping charge.
- We are unable to make changes to orders once they have been placed in our system. To ensure that your package is properly delivered, make sure that your address is entered correctly and includes all relevant information. The use of correct abbreviations, street numbers, building or apartment numbers, and route information (if applicable) are critical to ensuring delivery.
- We do not take responsibility for lost, misplaced, or incorrectly delivered shipments if the address information provided is incorrect at the time of purchase.
Reserved Rights Regarding Returns
We reserve the right to solely define and limit, refuse, and/or reject returns from customers at any time due to:
- An irregular or excessive returns history indicative of "wardrobing;"
- An irregular or excessive returns history involving worn, altered, laundered, damaged, or missing items; or potential fraudulent or criminal activity.
Similarly, we reserve the right to refuse service (both in-store and online) to any customer or entity, due to similar actions as noted above.
Non-My HBCU Matters items sent to our Distribution Center will be discarded upon receipt.
To report a damaged item, please use the following process:
1) Contact our Customer Care team via the Support@MyHBCUMatters.com
2) Provide photo(s) along with a description of the damaged item(s) and your order number associated with the items in question.
Once we receive your email and assess the damage(s), we will be in contact with you to determine the needed outcome. Please note that all damaged, defective, and incorrect items must be reported within 7 days of delivery
ANY MAJOR CREDIT CARDS, via SQAURE
Once your order has been fulfilled a tracking number will be emailed to the email address you provided. Please be sure to provide us your best email and don’t forget to check your spam and junk folders. As a reminder, items may take up to 2-4 weeks to arrive as stated at the top of our website and in the confirmation email.